Recently I read that jewelry was in. Duh! Jewelry is always in. But there are jewelry trends within each season; like this season pearls and bib necklaces are big. They are a great way to update your wardrobe and add a little of the season's "trendiness" without breaking the bank. So while I love both trends, I'm going to share only a few PEARLS of wisdom:
1) Pearls are not just for the demure. They can add a sexy, trendy look to jeans, perfect for work, and they are a dressy enough look for after 5 events too. So you don't have to save them for lunch with your granny.
2) You don't have to buy the real thing. Faux pearls are an easy way to get a luxurious look on a frugal budget. And if someone asks you if they are real? Just say "yes". They are...real fake.
3) They can be versatile. Buy one long strand and you can make it into more than just a necklace:
• Wrap it around the waist as a belt.
• Wrap it numerous time around the arms for a big bracelet.
• Leave it long with a knot and you've got a pearl tie.
Now, check out the video and see how it all "strands" together!
Kimberly Turner, your personal style guru, is a contributing writer for Adventures in the Stiletto Jungle. Kimberly has an MBA from the University of Michigan and an Image Consulting Certification from the Fashion Institute of Technology in New York City. Kimberly lives in the Windy city of Chicago and is the host of FashionCents.tv.