A ponytail is a signature statement that every girl can achieve. Whether you have short or long hair, or thin or thick tresses, everyone can recreate the classic ponytail to look drop dead gorgeous this summertime.
How? With a hair piece of course! All the celebrities use them to cheat their way to sporting a glamorous look; and the best bit is that you don’t need to wait months on end for your hair to grow.
Here is a step by step guide on fitting the hair piece:
- Start by creating a very high ponytail with your own hair. If you want a very young and effortless look, then we recommend placing the pony high on top of your head, like Katie Holmes at the 2012 Oscars. Alternatively, a low pony works just as well, as proved by Helen McCory at this year’s Baftas.
If you’re struggling to get all your hair up into a pony, try using a wide paddle brush. Don’t worry if there are stray pieces underneath your pony, this will be covered by the hair piece.
- Before applying the hair piece, thoroughly brush it to smooth down all the layers and get rid of any knots.
- Apply some serum to the hair piece to make it glossy and shiny. Just run your fingers through, right down to the ends.
- Now is the fun part. Lift your ponytail up and apply the hair piece underneath it. Simply open up the clip, push upwards towards your hair bobble and then push back down to the base of the ponytail. By placing it underneath your existing pony, it will give you a really secure connection.
- Just layer your own hair on top of the hair piece and no-one will know any different. You should have a really thick, long, luscious ponytail that looks just like your own hair. Don’t worry about brushing the ponytail; it should be fitted in place securely so you can backcomb it to create added volume.
Image: courtesy of Hershesons
This article was written by Hershesons, the leading experts in innovative hair accessories. For more tips and advice on how to use invisible ponytails, visit the site today.