But, it’s not always easy to justify paying $400 for a bra, even using fashion math. Enter Studio La Perla, the more “accessible” little sister line from the Italian lingerie powerhouse.
Not only does Studio La Perla come in at a much more realistic price point generally, it can currently be found deeply discounted at Neiman Marcus Last Call. I’ve selected 10 must-buy pieces to get your shopping started…
1. Studio La Perla Simona Lace Bandeau Bra, $33.00 (was $55.00)
4. Studio La Perla Simona Soft Lace Thong, $12.00 (was $34.00)
This bandeau style, while available in a good range of sizes, is really best suited to a more petite figure. Wear it on the weekend paired with your favorite slouchy tank top. P.S. - I promise these two pieces are officially the same color, despite what the wacky photography would lead you to believe.
2. Studio La Perla Fiorenza Lace Triangle Bra, $51.00 (was $85.00)
5. Studio La Perla Fiorenza Lace Thong, $18.00 (was $76.00)
For some inexplicable reason, the majority of the sale-priced goods are available only in different shades of blue. This pretty coral set stands out in the crowd both because of its color and the flattering soft cup/ underwire construction.
3. Studio La Perla Evelina Underwire Bra, $33.00 (was $72.00)
6. Studio La Perla Evelina Brazilian Brief, $18.00 (was $38.00)
This more practical, but still very lovely, mesh set reminds me a lot of the super popular Cosabella Soire line. It will make a great everyday choice.
7. Studio La Perla Tulle Chemise with Lace Detail, $54.00 (was $112.00)
The funky sunburst lace detail on this racerback-cut nightgown is a bit unexpected when compared with the typically hyper-feminine La Perla laces. It’s a great option if you’re a little tired of floral lace.
8. Studio La Perla Fiorenza Lace-Trim Chemise, $60.00 (was $100.00)
This buff color, like the coral set above, stands out among the overwhelmingly blue sale choices. I think it will be particularly flattering when your early summer faux tan phase kicks in.
9. Studio La Perla Antoinetta Lace Bra, $48.00 (was $80.00)
10. Studio La Perla Antoinetta Brazilian Briefs, $18.00 (was $38.00)
The Antoinetta looks, at first blush, like it might be the most overtly feminine set of the bunch. But, closer inspection reveals that all that lace is actually the same sunburst pattern as the blue chemise, rather than a traditional floral lace.