One of the hottest trends for spring, according to just about every fashion glossy in existence, is perforated leather. There’s something about the juxtaposition of sporty perforations and luxe leather that has all of the designers going gaga. Are you loving this trend too?
I’ve been scouring the virtual racks at my favorite online shopping haunts to find perforated leather goods that feel stylish and subtle. There’s quite a bit to choose from, including a lot of stuff that feels more like a blind attempt to follow the trend than fashionable in its own right. But, I think I’ve narrowed it down to some truly fabulous picks, in a range of prices.
Ok, I admit it, I cheated a bit here. Along with three leather and faux leather finds, I dropped in an excellent perforated brass ring. Both large bags will transition easily from work to play; it’s really just a matter of color preference and budget. The vegan leather clutch is plain fun (and super affordable). And about that ring… I’m in love.
1. Tory Burch Robinson Perforated Leather Dome Satchel, $495.00.
2. Kelly Wearstler Perforated Ring, $74.95 (was $125).
3. Topshop Perforated Purse, $20.00.
4. Zara Perforated Shopper Bag, $79.90.
Perforations make winter-favorite leather feel light and fresh. No one will mistake these leather jackets for cold weather wear. The pale colors and perforations make both great choices for the first cool days of spring. The dress, while not perfect for every wardrobe, is both flirty and high fashion.
1. Tory Burch Darcy Leather Coat, $1,295.00.
2. Rebecca Minkoff Liv Perforated Leather Dress, $698.00.
3. Bernardo Perforated Leather Jacket – Plus Size, $259.90 (was $398).
The perforated leather shoe selection is fantastic. Styles range from flats to pumps to sneakers, in every possible color. These Rivieras sneakers will be adorable paired with early spring looks, like perhaps boyfriend jeans and a slouchy sweater. For a dressier look, the flats from Jenni Kayne and Prada are both spot on. And for a downtown vibe, you can’t beat the hair calf sneaks from 10 Crosby Derek Lam. Even fashionista favorite Ash got in on the fun with their new Virgin Star Sneakers!
1. Rivieras Sultan Slip On Perforated Sneakers, $115.00.
2. Jenni Kayne Perforated d’Orsay Flats, $595.00.
3. 10 Crosby Derek Lam Meryl Perforated Wedge Sneakers, $395.00.
4. Ash Virgin Star Sneakers, $235.00.
5. Prada Pointed Toe Perforated Ballet Flat, $650.00.